Re: [Adonthell-devel] Veranda workaround

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Veranda workaround
Date: 19 Jan 2002 13:27:51 +0100

> To come once again back to the veranda:
>
> That teleport isn't really the optimum yet, so here's an idea to get rid
> of it. Actually, it's no idea, it's already implemented. But as there are
> some caveats, I'd like to hear your opinion first.

As James said, we planned to remove the fade in/out. Actually I've just
done it before seing your mail, and it's on the CVS now. Of course, if
we could get rid of the teleport, that'd be great. One extra 'if' in the
player's schedule wouldn't be that bad, I think. Think that a lot of
stuff will be removed from it (like the opening door and next/previous
map teleport tricks) anyway. With that 'if' it wouldn't even need a
callback - we just test if the player is on the veranda and draw him.

But (as James asked too) doesn't it gives the impression the player
'floats' when he's on the entrance roof?

I'm waiting for your confirmation to proceed with that :)