Re: [Adonthell-devel] Veranda workaround

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Veranda workaround
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:22:57 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:06:43 +0000 cirrus wrote

> I had suggested to Alex that we could perhaps use a teleport without the
> transition. So the character kinda hops from one side to the other -
> like the old stairs in the forest pub in 0.2

Hm. That would be somewhat better already. But still not perfect.

> Your idea would _move_ elegantly but it might look funny
> from the gfx side coz the character would look like he's floating in
> front of that mini roof over the entrance.

For what it's worth, here's a shot. I personally think it looks as if the
character is standing on the little roof, so it should be okay.

> If you do want to do that do the self running thing -
> that also ensures the player can't be 'floating' for too long.

Well, judge for yourself whether he's 'floating' or not. But I personally
would rather have the player walk for himself. I mean, it's one thing to
climb out of the barn, but another to make the connection that you can
reach the room that way.

Of course it would be possible to do the self running thing just for the
single tile ;).

Kai

JPEG image