Re: [Adonthell-devel] Initial Game Data

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Initial Game Data
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:54:20 +0100 (CET)

On 26 Jan 2002 11:30:27 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote
> Looks like there is a little problem with the datas. I start the game
> from my Waste's Edge directory (with adonthell -g .), and when it comes
> to load the data (gamedata_load (0)) I get a 'Error: No such file: .'.

Oh well, it wasn't hard to fix, so I fixed it right now:
A grep for the error text revealed that it was the audio system
complaining. Seems the audio.data contained wrong information about the
song currently playing. I changed that and now the error is gone.

No wonder that it
a) did not prevent everything from working and
b) did not appear when I had audio turned off.

Btw., when audio is turned off, there is a crash when you quit, because
the audio schedule will not be cleared before the Python Interpreter is
shut down. That I'll fix in the evening. (Anyway, with the great music we
have, few people should turn audio off - it's just that everything is
(even) slower on my P200 if I leave it on.)

Now I really gotta go back to learning :P