Re: [Adonthell-devel] Extro music first draft

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Extro music first draft
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:23:53 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:54:26 +0000 cirrus wrote

> It seemed to me though that at-demo-9 didn't finish completely before
> demo-a was played and then demo-9 started again after demo-a but
> couldn't finish.

It couldn't finish? How long does the sequence during which at-demo-9
plays take? Over here it's roughly 2m20s. Please don't tell me that it
doesn't take the same time on different boxes.

However, if you missed that the song is started a second time and the
duration of the sequence is the same, it is still a problem:

The song is 1m40s. So if it is played twice, that would be 3m20s. Adding 1
minute worth of delay seems a bit much. Would be nearly 50%. OTOH, it's
hardly possible to cut out 40s.

> And the music during the forest sequence is too short. Two ideas here:
> Either JT can make a slightly longer version or you don't start playing
> the music straight away.

That sequence timed 1m55s here, whereas the music is 1m10s. But I guess I
could speed that one up a bit, then it might be okay.

But yes. I agree that at-demo-9 shouldn't start playing after at-demo-a
again.