Re: [Adonthell-devel] Extro music first draft

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Extro music first draft
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:24:56 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:55:34 +0000 cirrus wrote

> I think it might be :(  It would be strange though - on the intro the
> music fits perfectly with the animations - it starts and stops exactly
> when it should. Is the extro coded in a different way perhaps?

Yeah. It's actually running as a character schedule, whereas the intro
bypasses the normal main loop.

Actually, the main loop itself should be independant of CPU speed (to a
certain amount). However, so far the text_bubble duration is not, and that
is slowing everything down on the box here.

> first part of extro - from where the bubble speak begins until Bjarn
> walks up to the chest: 1:20

Okay, that sounds good. I'm currently seeing what can be done about the
bubbles. If I get them sync'd, it would be easy to add a little delay so
at-demo-9 plays once completely before at-demo-a plays.

> third part - rest of bbble speak: 0:35

That would be silent then.

> fourth part - forest with alek running and stories of what happens to
> the characters: 1:29

Again, if I get the scrolling sync'd, it could be sped up another 15s,
which would mean that at-demo-2 is just long enough.

> funnily enough the credits are then again perfectly matched to the music
> ('the end' appears on one of the beats and 'joel, you're fired' pops up
> with the last beat of the song!)

Well, the credits use that little CPU that they work in realtime on my
P200 even. ;) That's why the music is matching perfectly there.