Re: [Adonthell-devel] Extro music first draft

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Extro music first draft
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:55:34 +0000

Kai Sterker wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:00:52 -0500 Joseph Toscano wrote
>
> > Hmm. I'll have a look, and I'll update the music accordingly. This may push
> > the release back a day or two, of course, but let's be realistic: the game
> > should be polished before release. At least, that's my opinion. . .
>
> I have to agree. It shouldn't be released unless we're happy with
> everything.
>
> Now what would really interest me: is the speed of the extro constant on
> different boxes, or not. Could you guys do some measuring please?

I think it might be :(  It would be strange though - on the intro the
music fits perfectly with the animations - it starts and stops exactly
when it should. Is the extro coded in a different way perhaps?

Here are (roughly) the times I have on my machine:

first part of extro - from where the bubble speak begins until Bjarn
walks up to the chest: 1:20

second part  - animation of chest moving to side and bag opening: 0:19

third part - rest of bbble speak: 0:35

fourth part - forest with alek running and stories of what happens to
the characters: 1:29

funnily enough the credits are then again perfectly matched to the music
('the end' appears on one of the beats and 'joel, you're fired' pops up
with the last beat of the song!)

        -James

--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821