Re: [Adonthell-devel] More about the problem

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] More about the problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:31:29 +0100

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 17:21, you wrote:

> The mail I've sent a few minutes before this one.

Huh? I never got that. Sorry.

> Waste's Edge
> building failed when byte-compiling schedules because it tried to run
> automake while it wasn't available on the box I've tried it on. As
> there were no reasons why automake should be run (as it comes from the
> package) I wondered what happened and asked whether you had this
> problem too.

I did not try the data package myself. Maybe it comes from a last minute
change to one of the Makefile.am's, as a script was missing in there.
Perhaps you have to run 'make' before 'make dist' so that the Makefile.in
get's recreated correctly.

Can you have a look, cirrus? If so we still can silently update the data
package. ;P

> As we got no feedback about this problem yet, I suppose it only
> happened to me - but it might be interesting to know why it happened.

As Al seems to be asleep and the news hasn't turned up at Linuxgames yet,
there are only about 200 downloads so far. The complaints should be coming
once the run on the game starts ;).