Re: [Adonthell-devel] More about the problem

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] More about the problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:13:49 +0100 (CET)

> Yeah, I think I didn't do a make before make dist. I have now :) If
> that'll fix it I can re-upload the data package right now!
>
> (should this be wastesedge-0.3.1.tar.gz ?)

I don't think a make was necessary - but since Kai changed a few
things there it may be a clue. To be sure, do a complete ./autogen.sh
(which will run autoconf/automake to regenerate the stuff, and fix
everything) before.

As for the name, I don't think it's necessary to increase the version
for such a change - Shhht, no one must know ;) Maybe you can fix the
files permissions too, although that's not a big issue.

> Thing is, I can't test if it makes a difference since I have automake
> installed (isn't that the case for most linux users?)

You can check whether it runs automake - but don't worry too much
anyway, as it couldn't be cleaner than after a good automake/autoconf
re-run. :)

Most people do have autoconf/automake, right. But on the box I were
on, they wasn't installed - actually they are not needed if you don't
plan to program.

About freshmeat: ah, right, we're on it. That's really weird. I must
have totally screwed up (once again! ;)) We even have a nice & wise
comment from a totally neutral player! ;)

Too bad freshmeat is so loaded - actually when you submit an app it
only stays on the first page a few hours. But at least it prooves how
active are free developers.