Re: Global game design (Was: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle

From: Nezumi
Subject: Re: Global game design (Was: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Battle
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:21:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Kai Sterker wrote:

> I am for it. To me it is very important that the world we create feels real.
> That means NPC's should behave like real people (as much as that is
> possible), we should have a day/night cycle and lots of activities for the
> player beside the main plot.

I agree.  In fact, that's something we agreed was important pretty early
on, about the time the dialogue editor was being designed, if I recall
correctly.

Personally, I'd rather not make the player rush through the plot.  Sure,
they can ignore all the NPC's and their lives, and in fact ignore a lot of
side possibilities.  But there should be a believable world for the player
to exist in.

--
                      Nezumi * address@hidden
  "I couldn't handle being a woman.  I'd stay home and play with my