Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Snes pads

From: Nezumi
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Snes pads
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:09:57 -0500 (EST)

On 5 Feb 2002, Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Under Linux, SDL uses the kernel joystick driver, which can handle as
> many joysticks as you want (who says 4 players??) And trust me,
> joysticks/pads are very well handled under Linux, especially the ones
> with plenty o' buttons ;)

Too right.  I've got a 13-button pad and it works like a dream.  ^__^

But there's a point.  We have designing the game so it can be used by
either keyboard or joypad.  Should we look at designing with an SNES pad
in mind?  The combination of direciton pad, start, select, four main
buttons and two top buttons seems to be the minimum most users would have,
if they have a pad at all.  So if we design for that or higher, we should
be on pretty safe ground.

--
                      Nezumi * address@hidden
  "When your relationship is over, don't just say it.  Do it." -- Jerry