Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!
Date: 18 Feb 2002 15:09:35 +0100

> Besides, Joel's suggestion seems to be more or less what I had in mind as
> well. Maybe 'callback' was just not the wrong word for it, as you don't
> really attach a method to the input handler, but a complete object.

Please enlighten me, I may have misunderstood something here. At first I
thought that there would be one possible callback for each key press.
That's mainly why I didn't like it. But from what you recently said,
there would be one callback per kind of event (mouse move, button press,
...) that the object would intercept or not. It would be responsible
then for testing which key it is, in case of a keypress. Am I right? If
it is so, let me tell you this ideas bothers me *much* less ;) And yeah,
it would indeed be a good idea - better than handling a queue,
absolutely. Almost no risk of flooding or game-interruption, unless the
callbacks are programmed with feets.