Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!
Date: 18 Feb 2002 15:45:37 +0100

> Like I said in the other mail, if you simply queue key presses, there will
> be problems if nobody consumes them. As soon as you open a window that
> wants some text input, it'll get everything in the queue. Even with the
> primitive system we have now,the savegame GUI had to call
>     input::clear_keys_queue ();
> as otherwise unwanted text showed up in the save game description.

Right. These problems can be avoided if the programmer takes care, but
as I'll be behind it too, better not to take any risk ;) Anyway if the
callback system is like what I thought and exprimed on my other mail
(and like Kenneth described with ClanLib's one) then I'm all for it.

> And seeing Kenneth's code snippets, I think it can't be done much cleaner.
> (I'll get to the SDL/OpenGL issue soon, btw ...)

Hehe. Many things to deal with these days ;) That's good, we're active
and advancing at a good pace (and with the new gfx guy coming, it's the
good news day! ;)). I told you that the team is mature now. With some
luck, 0.4 will take less than 2 years to come ;)