[Adonthell-devel] OSX / Fink issues

From: Ben Hines
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] OSX / Fink issues
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 05:01:35 -0700

I am attempting to get Adonthell into a fink package. So all of nils' instructions won't be necessary. :) I actually easily got 3.2 into a nice package, but of course it doesn't work. Now i am working on 3.3pre1, but having compile issues.

Due to the problems with nls (looks like a libtool thing?) I added --disable-nls to the configure.

Now the compile fails with:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -DOGG_MUSIC -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE -F/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework -F/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/python2.2 -g -Wall -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -DDATA_DIR="\"/sw/share/adonthell\"" -c nls.cc
nls.cc: In function `static void nls::init(config &)':
nls.cc:36: `LC_MESSAGES' undeclared (first use this function)
nls.cc:36: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nls.cc:36: for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [nls.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
### make failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling adonthell-0.3.3pre1-2 failed

Any ideas? This stuff should be disabled...

Is this fixed in CVS?

Also: full screen SDL works fine on OSX for other apps. If there is a problem with full screen SDL, it is in your code.

I have experience turning SDL apps into double clickable OSX apps. However, adonthell's reliance on python complicates matters, since python doesn't come with OSX. We might need to just stay as a fink package.

attached: the fink package. Currently broken. :)

-Ben
--
http://homepage.mac.com/bhines/