[Adonthell-devel] 'Crash' when no sound device available?

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] 'Crash' when no sound device available?
Date: 27 Jun 2002 13:42:14 +0200

Hiho,

I just tried to compile and install adonthell on a PC (Debian 2.2
potato) without a sound card, with the following results:

address@hidden:/var/tmp/games/adonthell/0.3]$ adonthell wastesedge
Using 32bpp depth: 320x240.
Unable to open audio: No available audio device
Audio will not be used.
exec_file: init load failed!
address@hidden:/var/tmp/games/adonthell/0.3]$

The game window opens for a few seconds and then the game shutsdown
completly.

Is this due to the lack of a soundcard or is my installation screwed
up? If its due to the lack of a soundcard, it would be nice to handle
this error more gracefully by disabling sound support.

--
ICQ: 59461927                                    http://pingus.seul.org |
Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden>           http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/ |