Re: [Adonthell-devel] Back again...

From: Micah J. Cowan
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Back again...
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:30:01 -0800

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 12:01:31PM +0100, Kai Sterker wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:50:33 -0800 Micah J. Cowan wrote:
>
> Hi Micah!
>
> > Just wanted to say, I'm back on the list again... I was here briefly a
> > couple years ago but got too busy to actually do anything. I'm even
> > more busy now than I was there, but I'd still like to stay informed
> > and chip in when I'm able... (don't suppose you guys still need a
> > better sound mixing lib?)
>
> We could probably use one. Right now we're still using SDL_mixer, as
> there is nobody to look further into that.

I'm trying to remember the issue for that one: it seems to me that the
difficulty was that you couldn't crossfade two music samples, and that
looping within a middle section of the Ogg stream was difficult.

I dunno what you did for Wastes Edge (which I finally got a chance to
play, now that I reinstalled gcc-2.95.3...), but I definitely didn't
notice anything screwy about the music (I guess you probably just
looped it end-to-end?) Seems to work pretty well, actually.

-Micah