Re: [Adonthell-devel] Compile error uner cygwin

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Compile error uner cygwin
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:35:09 +0100

> I am trying to build from the CVS sources. I'm doing so under cygwin
> (since my main box, and the only one I've dual-headed, is Win32).
> I get this oupt after running make. I had already run configure.
>
> checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> ./configure: line 1390: syntax error near unexpected token `adonthell,'
> ./configure: line 1390: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(adonthell, 0.4dev1)'

What are your version of autoconf/automake? Did autogen.sh run fine?

None have yet compiled the source under Cygwin yet. The Windows binaries were
done by cross-compilation under Linux. However, compiling under Windows
should be doable. And it's better to try it now, since the source has a
moderate size and complexity.

So we should try seriously to get it to compile. It looks like right now that
your automake version isn't recent enough (you need 1.7).