Re: [Adonthell-devel] Compile error uner cygwin

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Compile error uner cygwin
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 01:24:01 +0100

Le vendredi 23 Janvier 2004 05:41, Andrew Michael Phillips a écrit :
> No, it doesn't. Automake says that it is version 1.7.6, by the way.
>
> This, I think, may be the problem. autogen seems to be looking for
> automake 1.6, as I get this when I run the autogen script found in the 0.3
> directory:

Ah ok, you are trying to compile 0.3 - I though you were trying on 0.4's
source. 0.3 needs automake 1.6 as you pointed out. 1.7 won't work, but both
versions can coexist.

I tend however to consider 0.3's source as almost obsolete. Maybe you should
consider trying 0.4. Even if there's not much done yet, you can still have
some fun and the architecture is much better designed IMO.