Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not working anymore

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not working anymore
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:44:16 +0100

> I imagine the problem is located in the Makefile in src/main. If you
> look into src/gfx/ for example, you'll find all the sdl backend
> specific libs directly there. So they can be found when you specify the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the run.sh script. However, if you look into
> src/main/, you'll find the backend libraries sit in the .libs
> subdirectory. So when using the run.sh script, they cannot be found and
> you'll get the error you reported.

Weird thing is that, the run.sh script works perfectly. And the main directory
doesn't look different at all from the others.

Investigating the problem, I've found out that
1) The init scheme is properly run (i.e. libltld is initialized)
2) The environment variable for the modules directory is correctly set too
3) base::get_module is exactly called with the same arguments as with C++
programs.

However, for an unknown reason, lt_dlopenext returns NULL, while the file
should be opened without any problem. I'm really confused here, as I don't
see at all where could the problem come from!

Do you have more ideas, Kai? Can you try it in the same conditions as I do
(i.e. separate builddir)? I'm really stuck because of that.

Thanks,