Re: [Adonthell-general] Sourceforge project removal

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Sourceforge project removal
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:47:00 +0100 (CET)

On 14 Feb 2002 10:40:10 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote

> After reading them, it appears that for closing a project or user
> account, you have to explicitely request it. Kai, as you are the last
> person remaining, can you do it? Having links pointing to our SF page
> would be bad, as it makes think the project is dead. Moreover, their new
> TOS are quite unbelieveable. I might not have understood correctly, but
> it looks like they claim property for everything they host. Brrrr.

I already did a few weeks ago. They replied that their policy was to keep
the source available for the community, even if the project was going to
shut down, so they wouldn't remove it.

I told them that we are not going to shut down, we just move to a new
location and that it would be counterproductive to leave the old, outdated
sourcecode there.

Haven't got any news since then. Guess there is no canned reply that fits
to my arguments ;).

See the thread at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=513413&group_id=1&atid=200001

All I can do is to hide all file releases, all mailing lists, all Tasks,
change the description to point to Savannah and post a news item dealing
with the 'policies' of Sourceforge ;).

But still would like to get a reply first.

Kai