Re: [Adonthell-general] Sourceforge project removal

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Sourceforge project removal
Date: 14 Feb 2002 14:23:01 +0100

le jeu 14-02-2002 à 12:47, Kai Sterker a écrit :
> On 14 Feb 2002 10:40:10 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote
>
> > After reading them, it appears that for closing a project or user
> > account, you have to explicitely request it. Kai, as you are the last
> > person remaining, can you do it? Having links pointing to our SF page
> > would be bad, as it makes think the project is dead. Moreover, their new
> > TOS are quite unbelieveable. I might not have understood correctly, but
> > it looks like they claim property for everything they host. Brrrr.
>
> I already did a few weeks ago. They replied that their policy was to keep
> the source available for the community, even if the project was going to
> shut down, so they wouldn't remove it.

Eh, who the hell do they think they are? WE hold the copyright on OUR
project, so WE decide where it should be available and where it
shouldn't. I really hate their policy more and more.

> All I can do is to hide all file releases, all mailing lists, all Tasks,
> change the description to point to Savannah and post a news item dealing
> with the 'policies' of Sourceforge ;).
>
> But still would like to get a reply first.

You posted your reply two days ago, so I'd say it's too early to say
they won't reply. But would they not do it, we can harass them a bit
more. Or violate their policy terms. And trust me that we'll get removed
;) I'll have to drop them a request to remove my user, too.

Alex.

--
http://www.gnurou.org