Re: [Adonthell-general] NPC's and the perception of their surrounding

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] NPC's and the perception of their surrounding
Date: 16 Feb 2002 10:31:10 +0100

> > How about attaching an "owner" property to items? So, he could pick up
> > *HIS* bucket, and NPCs would have a concept of property, possibly
> > reacting sourly to theft.
>
> Heh :). I was sorta fearing that somebody realized that my ideas are more
> or less the system Ultima 7 had, in which case I would have answered: "Take
> it as a basic suggestion then, and lets try to improve it".

Just wondering: would in this case a bucket be an item, or an object? It
rather looks like it would fit as a map object, (as items are unique)
and I don't know how far we could give ownership to map objects (which
are re-used at many places). In the smith case, we would assume the
nearest bucket is his bucket.

On the other hand, the general idea would perfectly fit with items.

> And here are the first improvements! :) Anyone else any further ideas?

Yeah. "family" fields for the characters, plus friends, etc... ;) Just
kidding. I think we don't need to go that far - we might design stuff
that will just be usefull once, and could be workaround with a bit of
script.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org