Re: [Adonthell-general] Use of Task Manager and 0.4 features

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Use of Task Manager and 0.4 features
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:45:18 +0100 (CET)

On 27 Feb 2002 13:39:35 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote
> Hi guys,
>
> Jol and I wondered whether we could take advantage of Savannah's bug
> tracker to know what everybody was doing and to put a TODO list on. I'd
> say we could create one subproject per game subsystem (GUI, Map, etc)
> plus one general one. How about it?

Sure. Please go ahead.

> Also, how about fixing which features should 0.4 code release propose?
> My list for now would be:
> -new input manager (with use of control mapping)

So we should already have joystick/gamepad support, right?

> -new GUI (at least partly)
> -new map engine, with at least features similar to 0.3

Better, as we should be able to pick up/drop itens, run or walk and move
pixel by pixel of course :).

> -basic items
> -basic combat

Okay.

> Maybe a better working audio driver would be nice too ;)

Makes me wonder whether we'll ever hear from Micah Cowan again?

> Have I forgot something?

What about support for i18n? As I'm going to add that to the dialogues, we
should possibly do the same thing for the remaining scripts too.

Kai