Re: [Adonthell-general] Use of Task Manager and 0.4 features

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Use of Task Manager and 0.4 features
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:05:08 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:11:45 -0800 (PST) Walt wrote

>> Maybe a better working audio driver would be nice too ;)
>>

> I didn't notice any problems yesterday with audio ("It works on my
> machine" :).  Should I have noticed anything?

It works, but not as well as it could. I'm not exactly sure what Alex had
in mind, but the few points I can think of are a better way to control the
audio during the game (event-based song changing, etc.).

Another thing that would really be nice to have would be crossfading of
songs, for example to allow music that dynamically adapts to the situation
without hearable transitions. That however means that at least two audio
tracks have to play at the same time, which is not possible with SDL_mixer.

Kai