Re: [Adonthell-general] Use of Task Manager and 0.4 features

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Use of Task Manager and 0.4 features
Date: 27 Feb 2002 14:15:24 +0100

> > -new input manager (with use of control mapping)
>
> So we should already have joystick/gamepad support, right?

Not yet, but I'll implement it in the next few days. I guess the input
manager will be the first ready part - I'll probably merge it into the
stable branch after.

> > -new map engine, with at least features similar to 0.3
>
> Better, as we should be able to pick up/drop itens, run or walk and move
> pixel by pixel of course :).

Indeed :) I was refering to the different map levels (to allow bridges)
or map connectivity. I'll first try to get something basic running.

> > Maybe a better working audio driver would be nice too ;)
>
> Makes me wonder whether we'll ever hear from Micah Cowan again?

I think he's busy with other business, from what he said last time.

> > Have I forgot something?
>
> What about support for i18n? As I'm going to add that to the dialogues, we
> should possibly do the same thing for the remaining scripts too.

Right! I've forgotten this. Sure, i18n will be part of 0.4 - it seems
quite easy to implement.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org