[Adonthell-general] Finally got it running

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Finally got it running
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:48:06 -0500

Well,

I got Waste's Edge running under Linux. (I gave up on the rpms and compiled
from source). It looks good, though the window is tiny. I like the concept
and the design. I haven't finished the game, so I'm still not sure who stole
the gems...or if they were even stolen. The small touches are cool, too. The
book titles are an especially nice touch, IMO. If we're going to include
FS/OSS ideas in the game, we might want to add one right there as the
character is looking at the books in the Redwyne Inn.

There are some places, though, where the English seems stilted. There's one
place in the dialog where someone is discussing Fingoldson and says
something like "He is very retained and formal." I think the word should be
'reserved.' I made sense of it, but someone might not.

I'm also trying the Windoze version again. However, the link I found in the
archives (courtesy Alex) is now broken. Where is the wastes's edge winzip
file now? Do the same dependencies stand for the Win32 version? I think that
might have been my problem the first time. It might have gone looking for
Ogg Vorbis and SDL and didn't find them.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew