[Adonthell-general] Pocket Adonthell, sort of (Fwd: adonthell stuff)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Pocket Adonthell, sort of (Fwd: adonthell stuff)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:49:46 +0100

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

Hi all! Just been playing with my new Symbian
phone and got a crazy idea that I wanted to run by you guys:

As you may or may not know there are quite a few games on the GameCube and GameBoy Advance that can link up. One of the games I have (Sonic Adventure 2) has a mini game with little creatures called Chao that you can raise. It's a bit like a very advanced Tamagotchi. If you have the GameBoy Sonic game you can then transfer Chao to your GameBoy and continue playing with
them on the move. If your friends have chao you can upload them to the
cube and let them battle.

Now seeing how smartphones are getting quite powerful and popular these
days it got me wondering whether we could one day do a similar thing with PCs and smartphones. Perhaps a little minigame for phones (or PDAs) that
links to Adonthell on your PC (perhaps via Bluetooth).

One thing I can think of off the top off my head would be letting ppl
transfer their character's inventory to a phone. On the move they could
then trade items with other people's who have the same thing on their
phones or you could let them mix potions they happen to have and stuff
like that! It's just a carzy idea and I'm not suggesting we do this now, but I thought I'd mention it. Y'know - get you lot mulling it over at the
back of your minds. Who knows maybe we'll think of something cool to do
with this some day! :)

        -James