antbear-devel

Re: [Antbear-devel] Simple questions - Class diagram

From: Thorsten Schemm
Subject: Re: [Antbear-devel] Simple questions - Class diagram
Date: 13 Nov 2002 16:53:08 +0100

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 11:02, Adam Ferla wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a few questions in regards to the class diagram (I am fairly tired so
> they might be stupid).
>
> 1) Why is addConnection overriden in both SupporterDBase and
> GameServerDBase? Why cant we use the ConnectionDBase addConnection method?
>
> 2) Am I correct in stating that: the GameServerDBase holds information on
> official half-life servers, while the SupporterDBase contains entries for
> antbear supporter servers plus master servers (specified in the
> AntbearEngine)?
>
> Perhaps the upcomming collaboration diagram will answer these questions.
>
> Cheers
> Adam Ferla
>

> address@hidden

Hiho,
I will just extend this thread to add questions I have.

It looks to me like we would wrap gameserver addresses in
ABConnections.  One point I am not sure about is where to store the
gameserver details, in an ABConnection(or extending class) or in the
GameServersDatabase?  You tagged the GameServersDataBase indicating this
issue.  Or do you want to map the ABConnections in the
GameServersDataBase to an object containing those attributes?

The socketChannel attribute in the ABConnection, will that one hold a
socketchannel for a current connection, null if not connected?

- Thorsten

PS: I like your architecture!

oh and, from the other mail Daniel wrote:
"Mutex-

(Just to confirm, we will still need synchronisation
mutex stuff on the databases because you could
manually delete a peer connection via the GUI while at
the same time the Server was getting Gameclient
information from that connection.)"

I do not get this. I do not see the problem, please help.