antbear-devel

Re: [Antbear-devel] Simple questions - Class diagram

From: Daniel Ng
Subject: Re: [Antbear-devel] Simple questions - Class diagram
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:26:20 -0800 (PST)

> Hiho,
> I will just extend this thread to add questions I
> have.
>
> It looks to me like we would wrap gameserver
> addresses in
> ABConnections.

That's right. Same for the Supporter addresses.

One point I am not sure about is
> where to store the
> gameserver details, in an ABConnection(or extending
> class) or in the
> GameServersDatabase?  You tagged the
> GameServersDataBase indicating this
> issue.  Or do you want to map the ABConnections in
> the
> GameServersDataBase to an object containing those
> attributes?

Probably map to an object containing those attributes.
So, the Gameserver database entry will look like:

ABConnection - GameServer

We need to decide on what each GameServer object would
have in it eg.:
-Players list
-Time since last refresh from GameServer
-what else??

What about the Supporter Database entry?:

ABConnection - Supporter

-Each Supporter object would contain:
-list of GameServer IP addresses. Note that this is
*not* the same list of GameServers as those in the
GameServer database. This is because the GameServers
here are those learnt from Supporters. The GameServers
in the GameServer database are those which are
*connected* to this Antbear.
-Player list of each GameServer
-Time since last refresh from Supporter
-What else??

We can even go down to what attributes each Player has
eg. # frags, but for now I guess just a Player Name
would suffice.

> The socketChannel attribute in the ABConnection,
> will that one hold a
> socketchannel for a current connection, null if not
> connected?

That's right, but if not connected, that particular
ABConnection would not exist at all, and its
corresponding entry would be deleted from the
Database. What do you think about this?

> - Thorsten
>
> PS: I like your architecture!

Thanks. What do you like about it? Positive criticism
is just as constructive as negative criticism. :)

> oh and, from the other mail Daniel wrote:
> "Mutex-
>
> (Just to confirm, we will still need synchronisation
> mutex stuff on the databases because you could
> manually delete a peer connection via the GUI while
> at
> the same time the Server was getting Gameclient
> information from that connection.)"
>
> I do not get this. I do not see the problem, please
> help.

Don't worry about this. I think I type too much. :)

I'm just saying that we will need database
synchronisation, which is what you said before anyway-
there's no problem...