antbear-devel

Re: [Antbear-devel] Simple questions - Class diagram

From: Thorsten Schemm
Subject: Re: [Antbear-devel] Simple questions - Class diagram
Date: 14 Nov 2002 19:19:36 +0100

Hello,
I am in a hurry, there is another party at the university tonight. I was
told I could not get a Diploma if I do not go to every single party 8) .

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 18:26, Daniel Ng wrote:

> We need to decide on what each GameServer object would
> have in it eg.:
> -Players list
> -Time since last refresh from GameServer
> -what else??

- current map
- current playernumber (playerlist.length)
- maximum playernumber
- modname (cstrike/dod/tfc/...)

> We can even go down to what attributes each Player has
> eg. # frags, but for now I guess just a Player Name
> would suffice.

I agree.

> > The socketChannel attribute in the ABConnection,
> > will that one hold a
> > socketchannel for a current connection, null if not
> > connected?
>
> That's right, but if not connected, that particular
> ABConnection would not exist at all, and its
> corresponding entry would be deleted from the
> Database. What do you think about this?

So an ABConnection between a gameserver an an antbear would exist in
between request to the gameserver and response from the gameserver?  If
so I do not understand what we should keep a list of ABConnections for.

> > - Thorsten
> >
> > PS: I like your architecture!
>
> Thanks. What do you like about it? Positive criticism
> is just as constructive as negative criticism. :)

I especially like the engine idea and those message classes.