apps-gnustep

RE : MusicBox-0.2.9

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: RE : MusicBox-0.2.9
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 10:38:26 +0200

On 2002-10-09 10:20:50 +0200 "Peron, Stéphane" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Yen-Ju,
>
> Another part that we have in common with MusicBox, Encod and gsburn is cddb.
>
> I see that you have sources of a separate package of this function. Would it
> be possible for you to create  services or a bundle from these sources in
> order we use it ?
> It would be great that we avoid the more of possible redundancies ... ;-)

Good suggestion. CDDB will be of some concern for me in the future and if I
didn't have to reimpement it it would be fine. We only need to define an
application independent interface with a high level of abstraction (no such
things as passing device names or disc_struct structures or arrays of
SongInfo(AudioTrack whatever). I'd prefer something like just passing the cddb
id and what else is absolutely necessary to retrieve the info and passing back
a dictionary with the info.
I also vote for making this bundle compatible with Preferences.app. Thus, the
user only needs to setup cddb _once_ and not in all three apps separately.
Maybe should in the long run go for this option with
paranoia/cdda2wav/whateverrippingbundle, too.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel