Re: [aspell] Support for Slovenian language

From: Ales Kosir
Subject: Re: [aspell] Support for Slovenian language
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 08:59:26 +0100

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> > Some improvements towards special dictionary files and more elaborated
> > phonetic rules are planned, nevertheless I would like to publish present
> > contribution. Are there any guidelines for that matter?
> Could you be more specific.

* How should I pack the language files (words, dictionaries and language
data) if I would like to ship them to you for inclusion in the main or
national specific aspell distribution?

* Would you like to distribute the dictionary files that support
nonenglish languages?

> > And by the way, what is the rule the dictionaries are named after?
> > English names for languages as in ispell or national names? Is it
> > german.dat or deutsch.dat?
>
> There is no hard and fast rule I have been following the ispell convention
> for both language names and dictionary files.  The name of the data file
> should be the same as the name for the language, other wise strange things
> way happen....

Ispell somehow adopted English names for languages, but not strictly. Do
you or anyone else from the list have any suggestion?

Best regards,
Ales