Re: [aspell] Support for Slovenian language

From: Jacob Sparre Andersen
Subject: Re: [aspell] Support for Slovenian language
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:00:32 +0100 (MET)

Ales:

> > There is no hard and fast rule I have been following the ispell convention
> > for both language names and dictionary files.  The name of the data file
> > should be the same as the name for the language, other wise strange things
> > way happen....
>
> Ispell somehow adopted English names for languages, but
> not strictly. Do you or anyone else from the list have
> any suggestion?

I would suggest the ISO language (and country) codes, but
there should also be a way to use the name of the language
in that language.

It is not an easy choice.

Jacob

PS: I have heard that Mandrake uses the ISO code, and then
    makes symlinks from the name of the language (both in
    English and the language)
--
"It's not a question of whose habitat it is,
 it's a question of how fast you hit it."