Re: [Aspell-user] Invaled generated charcters by aspell dump

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Invaled generated charcters by aspell dump
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:03:25 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Ahmad El-Gazzaz wrote:

When I open the file I see about three Arabic letters repeated a lot, along with valid English characters and invalid characters(the default encoding is cp1256). Then I change the encoding of kwrite to utf-8 and I see readable Arabic words, English characters and invalid characters.

I think what you are seeing are the affix flag characters. You need to expand the word list as so:
   aspell dump master ar | aspell expand --lang=ar | tr ' ' '\n'
note that this will create a VERY large file.  For aspell6-ar it is 492M.