[AUCTeX] Re: a possible bug in auctex 11.84

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: a possible bug in auctex 11.84
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 22:00:02 +0100

* Adam Johnson (2007-01-18) writes:

> I meet the same problem here for the new AUCTeX 11.84:
>
> I defined an AUCTeX command, ReadPDF, to view my pdf using the Windows
> command "START" as follows:
>
> (add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
>     '("ReadPDF" "start %s.pdf" TeX-run-command t nil))
>
> In AUCTeX, the command was translated as:
>    start "MyTest".pdf
>
> However, the START command can only work as:
>    start MyTest.pdf
> without the quatation marks.

Great.  Shells used on Unix-like systems can interpret such quotes
correctly.  A pity cmd.exe is not able to do that.  What you are
seeing is fallout from the feature allowing people to use file names
with spaces.

> How can I solve this problem?  Thanks.

We'll have to fix this in AUCTeX.  (I'm not sure if you could use a
different shell on Windows which is able to cope with such quotes.)

--
Ralf