Re: [AUCTeX] Fold citep

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Fold citep
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 21:50:18 +0200

* Joost Kremers (2008-05-10) writes:

> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 07:22:46PM +0200, Rasmus Pank Roulund wrote:
>> Hey,
>> I am trying to make citep{z} macros fold as (z). (citep is from Natbib). Is
>> this possible to do somehow? I could not find an appropriate way of doing
>> so in the manual.
>> In have defined a line in Tex Fold Macro Spec as "number of argument" and
>> "1". The result is that citep{z} is shown as z after folding. This is
>> appropriate for citet but I would like to have citep folded as (z).
>>
>> Is this somehow possible?
>
> i posted a patch to tex-fold.el on this list once, to do just such a thing.
> the patch was to 11.84, however, and i don't think the idea was adopted
> into 11.85... i also haven't gotten round to patching the new tex-fold.el,
> but i might do so in the near future.

I found the respective message:
<URL:http://mid.gmane.org/20070116005434.GA20788%40teuctli>

Back then you wrote that the patch is not ready yet.  I think providing
the possibility to call a function on the macro arguments is a nice idea
for "power users".  It would probably be good to provide easier ways for
customizing as well.  In your message you mentioned `format'.  If we
could use that for the spec string it would be pretty easy for people
not proficient in Lisp to cope with challenges as described by Rasmus.
I haven't checked if this is possible, though.

By the way, do you have copyright assignment papers for AUCTeX on file?

--
Ralf