Re: [AUCTeX] Fold citep

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Fold citep
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 13:59:19 +0200

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:35:06PM +0200, Ralf Angeli wrote:
> I've now checked in the possibility to specify macro arguments to be
> used as a replacement in the display string with a "{<num>}" syntax.
> This works only for mandatory arguments.  I've started to implement the
> same for optional arguments with "[<num>]" but this would probably
> require the possibility to supply an alternative string if the optional
> argument is not found.  I'm not sure yet how to do that, perhaps with
> something like "[<num>:<alt_string>]", if it is really necessary.

what happens if the optional argument isn't there, and the user hasn't
supplied an optional argument? would you use some default string or leave
it empty?

> Does this happen all the time or only in special files?  In case of the
> latter you might want to provide a sample file for reproducing the
> problem.  Before that you should check if a special setting is required
> by trying to reproduce the problem in an Emacs session without your
> personal settings, e.g. by starting Emacs like this:
> emacs -Q -l auctex

mmm, that sucks. it happens on my setup only...

with 'emacs -Q -l auctex', TeX-fold-buffer works fine. i only tried one of
my files, but i think that's enough evidence, because with my own settings,
TeX-fold-buffer fails in any LaTeX file, even in a minimal file such as the
following:

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

\emph{hello world}

\end{document}

looks like there's something amiss in my settings... hopefully in the next
few days i'll have the time to figure out what the cause of the problem is.
when i do, i'll let you know.

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Frankfurt