Re: [Audio-video] address@hidden: Sharing issue-3]

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] address@hidden: Sharing issue-3]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 14:41:06 +0000

Hello, Luca;

On 10/01/2013 09:10 PM, Luca Saiu wrote:
> Here you can find data about the video:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?12859

Thank you! I've asked the persion who recently submitted
Ukrainian www.gnu.org translations to proofread the Ukrainian
version (I can see that there are a few mistakes, but I can't
fix them, to say nothing of checking the grammar).

BTW, in
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/audio-video/2013-09/msg00000.html
rms says:
> Please change the license to CC-ND as usual in our copy.

Note that you can't change the license for the translations (if I'm
not mistaken, CC-BY-SA) to CC-ND without a special permission [0].

[0]
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ#If_I_derive_or_adapt_a_work_offered_under_a_Creative_Commons_license.2C_which_CC_license.28s.29_can_I_apply_to_the_resulting_work.3F

> Subtitles were contributed to Wikipedia commons and they are already
> published there, so I think there's no legal problem for their
> redistribution:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:PrefixIndex/TimedText:051118-WSIS.2005-Richard.Stallman.ogg

(Looking at audio-video.gnu.org: in any case we are not exempt
from making a proper attribution.)

> Oh -- I'm noticing right now that there are two more languages.  English
> will not be a problem and might actually be useful to check the other
> versions, but now we also have a Finnish translation as well.

Finnish is a harder case. I'll try to contact FSFE translators,
there may be active Finnish speakers.