Re: Autoconf 2.49d test: Command not found

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.49d test: Command not found
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:07:24 +0100

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 02:20:02PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
: On further investigation, it seems to be coming from here:-
:
: $(srcdir)/version.texi: stamp-vti
:       @:
:
: My Make struggles to understand '@:'.
:
: What is it supposed to mean?

@ tags the make rule so that make doesn't display it before executing it,
and : is the command.  It's basically a "nop" in this context.  I don't
get why it's there - shouldn't be necessary from what I know about portable
makefiles.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'