RE: Autoconf 2.49d test: Command not found

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: Autoconf 2.49d test: Command not found
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:00:13 +0100

> I've tried it under PDKSH, BASH and CMD.EXE. The results are the same
> under each.
>
> > Does `:' work properly on your shell?
>
> When running:-
>
> sh -c :
>
> there is no response, which I guess is what you would expect.

If you mean you tried:

$ cmd
c:\> make

and

$ pdksh
$ make

that was probably not enough; you need to change the shell used
by make; not sure what the evaluation order is for OS/2 w.r.t
SHELL and COMSPEC, or how it handles /bin/sh, but adding

SHELL = x:/path/to/sh.exe

to your makefile _should_ make it work (given that your sh apparently
understands ':').  Then again, I can only go from what the DJGPP port
does (it uses the SHELL setting _inside_ the makefile to decide whether
to use $SHELL or command.com to process commands).