Re: release Autoconf?

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: release Autoconf?
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 20:39:36 +0200

"Lars J. Aas" wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> Shouldn't we push Autoconf out the door soon?  I don't see the point in
> delaying the release any longer.  Nothing seems to be going on, so I
> propose that we make a 2.50 branch and release 2.50 from it.  Then we can
> continue general development in HEAD while maintaining the 2.50 branch by
> applying bugfixes and release the 2.50.<patchlevel> series from it...

How about fixing this one
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/autoconf-patches/2001-05/msg00007.html?

Without having fixed it, autoconf-2.50 is pretty much inapplicable
for any project using AC_PROG_YACC/AM_PROG_LEX with any version of
automake currently being available (The workaround is to avoid these
macros)