Re: AC_SUBST and AC_CACHE_VAL

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: AC_SUBST and AC_CACHE_VAL
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:10:27 +0000 (UTC)

Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues <at> gmx.de> writes:

> * Stefan Bienert wrote on Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:52:02PM CEST:
> > > Old habit.  Use AS_CASE, please.  It makes a difference only if its
> > > arguments expand AC_REQUIRE statements.
> >
> > As I thought. I always use AS_CASE/ AS_IF, makes live a little bit more
> > lazy...where is AS_FOR ?
>
> Wating for you to implement it.

Actually, it's already implemented in autoconf.git, although it is not yet
documented (can anyone demonstrate that they need it outside of autoconf?).
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/autoconf.git/commit/?id=fdcbe00

Hmm.  Speaking of that, autoconf.git mistakenly mentions AS_FOR in the NEWS,
even though it is an otherwise undocumented interface.  I'll fix that shortly.

--
Eric Blake