Re: [avr-chat] JTAG ICE mkI / II

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] JTAG ICE mkI / II
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:23:42 +0100

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 08:59 -0500, Graham Davies wrote:
> ....Also, because it has no case, you can see just how it is made and I think
> some
> people like that.

Yes and No... Yes I like to see the hardware, just like I like Linux
'cause you can see the nuts and bolts of any part of your system should
you fancy or need so. But, having the ICE-cube internals exposed makes
me uncomfortable as well... I am bit afraid/scared that an accidental
contact with my big fat fingers might damage the unit with a mega huge
ESD shock ! ;-)
Maybe I will protect it with some kind of metallic shielding... hey, I
am speaking as if I had bought one already lol ! ;-)

--
Vince