Re: [avr-chat] AVR do not restart after ISP programming

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR do not restart after ISP programming
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 16:51:40 +0200 (MET DST)

"=?GB2312?B?wfrA6A==?=" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Before I post this help, I did a test:
> * Unplugged the programmer from the computer's parallel port.
> * The avr still does not work!
> * Unplugged the pinhead from the avr isp socket, it works!

> Why? I have no idea.

I think this is a bug in the FreeBSD/Unix implementation in avrdude of
how the parallel port's lines should be left after terminating the
program.  I always intended to fix that...

> Can anyone give me a hand? Or you can recommend a programmer for me.

Well, any of the more sophisticated programmers should work fine.  If
you can obtain it, I'd recommend you getting an AVR Dragon.