Re: [avr-chat] Programming the efuse on ATmega1280

From: Ormund Williams
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Programming the efuse on ATmega1280
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 23:34:44 -0500

On Sat, 2013-02-02 at 18:49 -0800, Pierce Nichols wrote:
> Oh, that explains it -- you can't program it because it doesn't do
> anything.

I'm not trying to program it, it's programming itself, flipping from 1
to 0.  The only problem this is causing me is that I have a script that
serializes the boards and it's halting on the error returned by AvrDude.
I've fixed this by changing the efuse to 0xF4 to match what the 1280
returns on verify, the problem with that fix is if Atmel decides to use
bit3 for something in future versions of the 1280 it could turn into a
very hard to find bug.

I'll report this to Atmel.

--
Ormund