Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 21:28:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Juergen Harms <address@hidden> wrote:

> In consequence, asking for the resource libusb-devel (-devel is the
> suffix for packages with header files), I get the
> lib64usb1.0-devel-1.0.17-2.mga4 package - which appears to provide the
> required header files

What's the value of HAVE_USB_H in ac_cfg.h?

If it's not 1, you've got an issue with the libusb 0.1 (compatibility)
header file.

> However, looking at the file config.log that is produced by configure, I
> saw that configure compiles a procedure conftest, which fails on an
> "#include <lusb0_usb.h>".

No, that's OK.  lusb0_usb.h is the libusb 0.1 API header file as found
in recent versions of LibUSB-Win32.  The Unix versions use <usb.h>,
and configure thus declares HAVE_USB_H.  The implementation files then
try using either of <usb.h>, or <lusb0_usb.h>.

Note that, while the configure stuff tries to detect the libusb 1.0
API as well, most of the AVRDUDE implementation still uses the 0.1
API.  That's why the 0.1 API header file must be present in order to
get USB support.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/