Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude

From: Robert Cochran
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 19:03:14 -0400

I follow this thread with interest. I downloaded avrdude-6.1 and tried
to compile it. ./configure kept failing with errors and references to
cross-compiling. After some what-is-wrong-here dialog (muttering) to
myself for a few days, I just now looked closely at the path that
config.log was reporting. It was pointing at the avr-gcc toolchain and
avr-gcc libraries that I had compiled. I removed these from PATH
temporarily, and configure magically started working. 'make' worked
without errors, too.

 Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA