Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude

From: Juergen Harms
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Support for JTAGICE3 on avrdude
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 10:03:10 +0200

Thanks for pointing me to ac_cfg.h!

ac_cfg.h contains
  #define HAVE_USB_H 1

I tried - in the un-tared directory - to see where HAVE_STDINT_H is defined and used: it is only used, nowhere defined.

grep -r HAVE_STDINT_H *
ac_cfg.h.in:#undef HAVE_STDINT_H
configure:#ifdef HAVE_STDINT_H
flip1.c:#if HAVE_STDINT_H
flip2.c:#if HAVE_STDINT_H
pindefs.h:#ifdef HAVE_STDINT_H

and, after running ./configure in addition

config.log:| #ifdef HAVE_STDINT_H
config.log:| #ifdef HAVE_STDINT_H

This made me suspicious about the "configure" procedure simply forgetting a check for stdint.h.

ChangeLog mentions bug #41402 on a missing stdint.h in dfu.c - could this be a related problem?

Just for playing with "what-ifs": before running ./configure, I tried to patch the "configure" procedure, appending to he list of header files to be checked (line #5654) also stdint.h. That makes the problem go away, HAVE_STDINT_H is now defined as 1, and the build now terminates successfully. But: why is such a fix necessary on my platform and not elsewhere?

I then checked
  - the other variables commented as "undef" in ac_cfg.h
  - against existing header files in my /usr/include
Here is list of header files that exist, but where HAVE_xxx is not defined:

inttypes.h, stdint.h, memory.h strings.h sys/stat.h sys_time.h sys_types.h termios.h

Juergen