[avr-gcc-list] JTAGICE software upgrade impossible

From: Patrizio Zelotti
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] JTAGICE software upgrade impossible
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:00:10 +0200

Hi,

I'm using JTAGICE with ATMEGA128 and AVRSTUDIO 3.53 on WIN98 system.
It works but if I try to install AVR studio 3.54 or 3.55 or version 4.02, AVRSTUDIO ask to upgrade the JTAGICE firmware and it fails with the message "No supported board found!. AVRPROG version 1.33" (or version 1.37).

Consider that I can debug software and program the ATMEGA128 without problems.
When I call JTAG ICE to program the software on target board, the following message appear in the bottom window :

Detecting.. JTAG ICE found on COM1:
Getting revisions.. HW: 0xc0, SW Major: 0x67, SW Minor: 0x00 .. OK

I tryed to follow the instruction reported on DN011 from avrfreaks, but the problem is still present (upgrade impossible).

In AVR studio 3.53, in JTAGICE directory, the file upgrade.hex in INTEL standard format was present, and using STK500 and cable is (in theory) possible to upgrade the JTAGICE using the ISP interface present of JTAGICE.

But version 3.54, 3.55 and 4.02 have a binary file (upgrade.ubn if I remember correctly), probably handled directly by AVRPROG.
Maybe this file can be converted in HEX format ?
How can I upgrade JTAGICE firmware ?
Can I upgrade software in a different way ?

I already posted the problem to address@hidden but I didn't have reply.

Thanks

Patrizio Zelotti