RE: [avr-gcc-list] UISP Question,

From: Sander Pool
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] UISP Question,
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:51:40 -0800

The pinout is only a tiny part of the interface. At some point each
interface has to provide the reset, mosi, miso and sck signals for ISP to
work. The key difference between ponyprog and Atmel programmers is that
ponyprog is a direct programmer ie. what you put on the wire goes directly
to the chip to be programmed. In the case of Almel programmers (and others)
there is an AVR that sits in the middle.

That said I'm sure avrdude can be adapted but this is based on discussions
I've read here, not actual code analysis.

        Sander