RE: [avr-gcc-list] Experimental WinAVR/avr-gcc update for

From: Harald Kipp
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Experimental WinAVR/avr-gcc update for
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:29:50 +0200

> On a [un]related note, anyonw know how Atmel is coming
with elf support for
> AVRStudio4?

They say they plan to add ELF support "soon" but they don't
say exactly when.

But, then again, they've been saying this for the last 2
years.

That ยง$&%! AVR Studio is souuu awfully buggy, that I don't expect ELF
support of being helpful.

Hope we get Free ICE, Averice and all the other open source stuff running
on Linux and Windows soon. That would make more sense. Atmel should stick
with designing nice chips and really start supporting Open Source Projects.

It's a shame that people have to re-engineer the ATJTAGICE, IMHO.

Harald